Ultra Pride (ウルトラプライド Urutorapuraido) is a miniboss randomly encountered as an alternate version of Pride, one of the Seven Deadly Sins. He was first added to the Wrath of the Lamb DLC for the original game, and returns in the Rebirth remake.
Ultra Pride differs from its normal counterparts by having attacks more similar to Super Sloth.
The team's attacks consist of the following:
- Edmund: Shoots out three homing projectiles. (Deals one full heart of damage, even on earlier floors)
- He also vomits out a horizontal line of green creep.
- Florian: Shoots out one homing projectile. (Similar to Psychic Maw, Sacred Heart and Spoon Bender.)
Eternal Ultra Pride's Behavior
Eternal Edmund acts exactly the same as his original counterpart.
Eternal Florian shoots blood shots in a single rapid burst, much like machine gun. He also shoots 4-way blood shots in "x" pattern when teleporting.
- There is also a possibility for a champion Ultra Pride to spawn. This champion has a bigger green familiar which does 1 heart worth of damage with its bullets. The familiar can also turn red, with him having the same abilities as the green champion.
- This miniboss is a reference to the artist and programmer of Binding of Isaac, Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl respectively.
- The Left Hand trinket is a reference to Edmund McMillen being left handed. It is also likely that it refers to Edmund's tattoo on that hand, which resemble the lines a surgical cut would follow.
- He is named "Ultra Pride" because Edmund and Florian consider Pride "their sin", the deadly sin they commit the most.
- Ultra Pride is one of the only two bosses that has an "ultra" counterpart (the other being Ultra Greed Afterbirth expansion for Rebirth respectively).
- Pride is the sin considered above all others as it was the sin that tempted Lucifer (before becoming Satan) to rebel against God.
- Ultra Pride's familiar uses the same AI as the Babies. The homing tears that it shoots may be a reference to (or the original cause of) the "Psy Baby" bug from the original game.
- The room ID to spawn Ultra Pride is "us", presumably meaning to the unconfirmed ultra deadly sin "Ultra Sloth". This implies that Ultra Pride may be coded as a "super" version of Super Sloth. This is also backed up by his SpiderMod entity code spawning Super Sloth unless certain conditions are met. Although, "us" could be referring to Edmund and Florian, as they are the creators of the game, as in "us"
- If Edmund is killed before Florian then there is a 25% chance for there to be a random item dropped 50% chance for the left hand to spawn and 25% chance for nothing to drop
"The Left Hand" - Kill Ultra Pride.