|WARNING! This article contain spoilers! Ignore and read somewhere else if you haven't played the game yet.|
Triachnid (aka "Daddy Long Legs II") is an alternate version of Daddy Long Legs and is unlocked by completing the Womb and/or Utero 15 times.
He hovers in the middle of the room much like Mom's Heart and It Lives. He has four different attacks:
- Stomping all three of his feet around the room.
- Retracting into the air and stomping one foot at a time.
- Spawning a Trite by coughing them up.
- Slamming his own head into the ground to stomp Isaac, firing blood tears in 8 directions.
Its attacks are identical to Daddy Long Legs, except more white slowing creep comes from his 'feet' and using his headslam attack spews 8 diagonal shots across the room.
Every stomp of Eternal Triachnid leaves a small puddle of white creep and sometimes, an additional Sack. All other attacks are same as its normal counterpart.
- This boss is a reference to another of Edmund McMillen's games, Tri-Achnid, which can be found here.
- The story of the flash game is that Triachnid is trying to find a safe haven for his children. In Wrath of the Lamb, Triachnid presumably would have replaced Daddy Long Legs.
- Before version 1.15, Triachnid would replace Isaac in the Cathedral as the final boss if Isaac was defeated while The Polaroid trinket was being held. This was confirmed as a glitch by Edmund McMillen after it was replaced with ??? with the 1.15 patch and removed from the game.
- With 1.333, Triachnid was added back to the game and it correctly unlocks as an alternative boss to Daddy Long Legs instead.