- Not to be confused with the passive item, 9 Volt.
The Battery is a passive item.
It is a silver battery with a lightning bolt on it.
Gives Isaac an extra charge for his Activated Item every 15 seconds per room, up to a maximum of three charges. Using an item will reset the counter and let Isaac charge a maximum of six bars per room. The charging only happens as long as there are enemies in a room.
- Typically, the final (third) charge of the battery will be silent.
- Additional item charges can be farmed at a rate of three item charges per Bomb using the following method:
- Enter a room with enemies and wait for the battery to give you three charges. Enemies can be killed, but leave at least one enemy alive so that the room is not completed
- Exit the room using a Bomb, being careful not to kill the remaining enemy(ies).
- Now re-enter the room and repeat the process.
- This means if Isaac have a way to exit the room indefinitely (such as using Dr. Fetus or Epic Fetus), he is, with the help of The Dice, able to re-roll items with no limits.
- If used in conjunction with X-Ray Vision, this allows an infinite use of the activated item by running between incomplete rooms and the secret room. This can also be done with Dr. Fetus, Epic Fetus or Ipecac by blowing up the door of an uncompleted room and going in and out again. Using the Book of Revelations or The Nail for example can provide unlimited Soul Hearts. However, neither of these exploits will work in The Chest.
- The Battery synergizes very poorly with items such as the Dead Bird and the Cube of Meat because they will prevent the player from waiting for items to charge.
- 9 Volt - Allows for rapid use of held items.
- When possessed, Isaac has the bolts of the monster from Frankenstein in his neck.
- Occasionally when Isaac purchase the battery from the shop, he can die randomly.