A heart lit with a small flame, with a bright red cross attached.
- Isaac's eyes glow white as glowing tears stream down his face.
- Shots are larger and home in on enemies.
- Damage is multiplied by 2.3 then +1. Increases Range by 4.125. Decreases Tears by 0.4, and decreases Shot Speed by 25%.
- Gives 1 Soul Heart upon pickup.
- Restores all Red Hearts upon pickup.
- Technology - Turns laser purple (similar to Spoon Bender) and increases damage.
- The Parasite - Split tears will also home in on enemies, greatly increasing damage output.
- IPECAC - Slows down the shot, and allows them to home on enemies.
- Dr. Fetus: - Bomb turns white and home in on enemies.
- Odd Mushroom (Thin) - Increases fire rate of tears greatly, allowing to fire a wall of homing tears and to deal incredible amounts of damage. The slight damage down also takes effect on Sacred Heart tears.
- Mutant Spider - Effects are stacked.
- Cupid's Arrow - Creates piercing homing shots that pass through the enemy, then home in on the next.
- Lump Of Coal - The slower shot speed means a slight damage boost.
- Polyphemus - Makes homing tears about the size of Issac's head and turns them white, massively increasing damage.
- Dr. Fetus bombs act as Bobby-Bombs
- The item is based upon the most Sacred Heart of Jesus, a Catholic devotion which uses the image of Christ's physical heart (often depicted as glowing, burning, and crowned with thorns) as a symbolic representation of His infinite and long-suffering love for humanity.
When Sacred Heart tears go through the Lemon Mishap effect, they will stay in the middle of the puddle until the effect wears off.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.