Mom's Hand is a predictable but dangerous enemy. They were first added in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Mom's Hand telegraphs its presence by a distinct Mom's laugh upon entering the room. The hand(s) will then fall down from the ceiling and attempt to grab Isaac, dealing half a heart of damage in addition to sending Isaac to the previous room.
In the Afterbirth expansion, the ground may shake to signal Mom's Hand.
- In the Afterbirth DLC, 1 or 2 Mom's Hand allies can be summoned when using Emergency Contact.
- This enemy is likely a reference to the Wallmaster, an enemy encountered in The Legend of Zelda series.
- Unlimited hearts: If Mom's hand is spawned in a room with any other hearts, specifically Soul or Black hearts, you can gain unlimited hearts. This is done by -
- Picking up the heart (+1 heart)
- Getting taken out of the room by Mom's hand (-0.5 heart)
- Repeat as necessary, gaining half a heart each time.