Gives Isaac an eye on the back of his head, allowing him to shoot in both directions at the same time.
The shots from the back always shoot straight, even while strafing.
In the original game the chance to shoot a second tear is 50%, but The Inner Eye set it to 100%.
In the Rebirth the chance depends on the Luck stat, and goes up to 100% at 2 Luck.
Fires normal tears, even when used in combination with tear-changing items like Technology.
- All special tear effects, such as The Parasite, also affect the tears shot by Mom's Eye.
- Polyphemus - Mom's Eye always fires.
- The Inner Eye, Mutant Spider - Mom's Eye always fires.
- Loki's Horns - The activation chance of Loki's Horns is greatly increased.
- The item is most likely a reference to the "eyes in the back of my head" idiom.