- Not to be confused with the Keeper character from the Afterbirth expansion.
- For other uses, see Keeper (disambiguation).
They are commonly found in groups from 2 to 6, sometimes in conjunction with Fat Flies.
It is nothing more than the Shopkeeper's head with no body.
Keepers usually fire 2 short-ranged blood shots in a V formation (similar to Fat Flies) at Isaac when he gets in their line of sight. Getting hit by Keepers will cause Isaac to lose some of his coins.
Keepers move comparably slow and can jump in a fashion that's similar to that of a Hopper. Keepers are however, capable of squeezing through diagonal spaces formed by pits and rocks as seen in the screenshot below. It is not known if this movement is intentional or the result of a bug.
Eternal Champion Behavior
Just like Eternal Hopper, it starts its jump a bit slower. Eternal Keeper also shoots 4-way bullets each time it lands, and shoots the "v" pattern bullets occasionally. Note that getting hit by Eternal Keeper will cause you to drop not only pennies, but also bombs and keys.
- Like Fat Flies, the Keeper's split shot will usually completely avoid Isaac if he stand still. It should be noted, however, unlike Fat Flies they can still jump into and attack Isaac.
- 2 Keepers can be spawned by Super Greed.
- There are unused sprite files of the Keeper facing to the right/left and front.
- It has been noted that Greed appears to be a version of the hanged figures found in shops that has broken free. Since Keepers are the bodyless versions of Greed, the name "Keeper" probably originated from "Shopkeeper".
- Along with the unlockable character of the same name, its Japanese name, "Kīpā", translates to "skullcap".
|The Binding of Isaac|