The white eye replaces Isaac's right eye. Black veins appear out of it.
Tears must now be charged before firing, and is fired in a burst of up to four tears at once.
If you get hit while charging the Cursed Eye, there is an approximately 50% chance that you will be teleported out of the room.
- Getting hit when holding a full-charged Cursed Eye will not teleport Isaac.This can be telegraphed by the color of Isaac's right eye: white(regular), black(charging) or quickly shining between white and black(fully charged).Only when the eye is black, getting hit will result in being teleported.
- After picking up, Isaac no more fires any tears from his left eye, therefore the effects of some items that only effect his left eye will be completely nullified (including Blood Clot and Chemical Peel).This,however,does not apply on Cain,who has a 50% chance to gain these item's effects each shot.
- Blood Clot and Chemical Peel - Rendering these two items useless, unless when playing Cain.
- Brimstone, Mom's Knife, Dr. Fetus, Epic Fetus and Technology - All attack forms that completely replace regular tears override Cursed Eye.
- Technology 2 - Unlike other charging attacks,since Technology 2 is equipped on the Cursed Eye,Isaac cannot fire tears when charging.Only a constant Technology 2 laser will be fired.
- Monstro's Lung - Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Anti-Gravity - Overriden, Anti-Gravity has no effect.
- 20/20, The Inner Eye and Mutant Spider - Four rows of 2, 3 or 4 tears are fired in a rapid succession,respectively. Charging time will be increased if combined with the latter two items.
- The Cursed Eye seems to follow a theme with the only other "cursed" item in the game, the Cursed Skull, in that if Isaac takes damage, he is teleported to a different room.
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye" which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.