Cobwebs are environmental tiles added with the Wrath of the Lamb DLC. They are found in The Cellar and Necropolis. Cobwebs slow down Isaac and his projectiles when crossed over.
- Cobwebs can be destroyed by explosions.
- Cobwebs can be covered by Poops (from a boss, Mysterious Candy or The Poop) and the image and the effects will disappear
- If a projectile is slowed down, this will also reduce the distance the projectile can travel (depending on the Range stat).
- Flying over the web will also slow Isaac down.
- Familiars will also have their tears slowed down.
- If Isaac has spectral tears (Due to the Ouija Board or other items), tears will not be slowed down.
- Entering a Curse Room while caught in a cobweb will prevent the player from losing the initial half a heart damage.
- This may be a reference to the game Minecraft, in which when you place a cobweb, the person will slow down if they run through it.